**If you are experiencing an emergency and need immediate assistance, call 911**
Below is a list of counseling and support resources that are available online or by phone:
Crisis Services and Hotlines
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline’s 24-hour toll-free crisis hotline, 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255), will connect you to immediate help in your area.
- The Child-Help USA 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) crisis line assists both child and adult survivors of abuse, including sexual abuse. The hotline, staffed by mental health professionals, also provides treatment referrals.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) is a nonprofit organization specializing in crisis intervention, information, and referral services for domestic violence victims, perpetrators, friends and families.
- The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE. This nationwide partnership of more than 1,100 local rape treatment hotlines provides victims of sexual assault with free, confidential services around the clock.
- SARC-Sexual Assault Spouse Abuse Resource Center-Bel Air, MD 24 Hour Hotline 410-836-8430
In areas where 211 is available, dialing the number 211 can connect you with mental health crisis services in your area.
Note: Although I believe these resourses to be good valuable resources to have, I am not responsible for the content, claims, or representations of the listed sites and cannot attest to the clinical value of the material for any particular indiviudal or situation.